Calendar for APEX 2022-23
APEX RECOVERY SCHOOL IS AN ACADEMIC COMMUNITY PROVIDING HOPE AND SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS IN RECOVERY FROM SUBSTANCE USE AND MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS.
APEX is a choice program. Students must choose to be a part of our community and can not be forced to enroll by parents, guardians, law enforcement, etc. Any student who chooses to join APEX must be committed to sobriety.
Research has shown that adolescents attending recovery high schools are four times more likely than non-recovery high school students to report complete abstinence from mind altering substances and to also report less absenteeism.
APEX is the only Recovery High School in Southeastern Minnesota, and one of six recovery schools in Minnesota.
APEX strives to meet the needs of every student. We offer:
- Service to high school students up to age 21
- 15:1 student-to-teacher ratio
- A program Substance Use Specialist
- Individual and group recovery sessions
- On-site mental health services
- Collaboration with student’s support team
- A student centered learning model
How do I enroll? What is the enrollment process?
APEX Recovery School referral process.
- Start by calling our Substance Use Specialist at (507) 328-3988 to receive more information and set up a tour of the facilities.
- Then the enrolling student will need to call the Substance Use Specialist to complete a phone interview and determine eligibility.
- If the enrolling student is eligible for APEX, an intake meeting will be scheduled with the student and their support team including parents, guardians, probation, social workers, therapist, etc.
- The student's intake meeting will be held at APEX. During this meeting, the student's transcript and credits will be examined and program expectations are reviewed with both the student and support team. After all paperwork has been completed, a start date will be set.
- Official paperwork will need to be submitted and filed by the student's parent and/or guardian prior to the start date.
*If you are an out of district resident, you will need to complete and Open Enrollment Application online on the Rochester Public Schools website.